Breakfast is by far my favorite meal. I can’t be the only one, right?!
It’s one of the easiest meals to skip, yet it’s basically the most important meal of the day. I can attest that eating breakfast definitely helps reduce my hunger throughout my day.
During the week I try to prepare quick and easy breakfasts, such as my Simple Blueberry Smoothie recipe. But during the weekend I definitely like to treat myself to a heartier meal.
This weekend I made a vegetarian omelette with spinach and mushrooms! It’s probably my new favorite omelette combo.
Here’s the recipe I used:
- Handful of baby spinach
- Handful of sliced mushrooms
- 6 eggs (for 2 people)
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Chili powder to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Wash your spinach leaves and mushrooms thoroughly.
- In a small skillet warm up a dash of olive oil and toss in your mushrooms. Once your mushrooms are almost ready toss in the spinach. They don’t take long to wither.
- Beat your eggs in a separate bowl and add your seasonings and Parmesan cheese.
- Add the cooked veggies to the egg mixture.
- In a large frying pan, cover surface with olive oil and pour your eggs mixture.
- Lift the edges lightly and let some batter pour under your omelette.
- Once the top of your omelette almost cooked, flip it over!
- I suggest adding some mozzarella cheese on half of the omelette before folding over.
- Cut in half and serve!
I added avocado on top of my omelette and a little more Parmesan cheese!
What are your favorite breakfast recipes?!